Monday, October 15, 2012

Shared Recipe: Tandoori Chicken

Regularly on this blog I want to share recipes with people. Usually I want to really share recipes I've tried and created myself, but I also want to share recipes I find too because, well, I enjoy cooking and love the food that gets made in the end.

I figure I'll sure the titles and tags "Recipe Time" for my own recipes and demonstrations of the recipe and "Shared Recipe" whenever I just want to share one. So for today are going to be two takes on the Indian recipe "Tandoori Chicken".


First is an oven baked take on it. Let's be honest, most of us don't have a tandoori, and getting one is impractical. An actual one at least. So this is an alternative. I figure when I make this I'll put it on a foreman grill get get that nice charring at the end he describes. Most likely this will be how I will try it.

I also wanted to show a video of how to make a tandoor oven as featured on Alton Brown's "Good Eats", but well copyrights and all appears to keep it off of Youtube. So instead is a link on making one of your own. Something I'd love to do one day. The main difference here would be instead of baking it you'd just skewer the chicken legs and place them in the tandoor to cook.

And with these recipes and food review I like to include a beer recommendation. Wine would be nice as well but I'll be first to admit I'm not aficionado with wine.

So for beer, alot of Indian foods and other similarly spiced foods do well with hoppier beers, and this is one of them. I'd recommend at minimum a nice pale beer such as Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or New Belgium's Shift Pale Lager. IPAs and Belgian IPAs also do well (IPA of course standing for India Pale Ale. That history well tied to the East Indian Trading Company), so I'd recommend Heavy Seas Loose Cannon IPA, Dogfish Head 90 minute Imperial IPA, or New Belgium's Belgo Belgian IPA.

#cooking #recipes #food #indian #tandoor #beerrecommendation

EDIT 10/20/12: Changed the link for the tandoor oven to show all instructions to give you an idea of what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment